Monday, September 17, 2012

Fish Lake

I think that Brian and I might qualify as bad parents!  We live within 30 minutes of a beautiful lake and guess how many times we visited it this past summer?  ZERO times! 

Last Friday we were all home, doing nothing, when Brian came inside to tell me to come out and see the changing leaves on the mountain.  I said—“Let’s go to Fish Lake and see the leaves up close!”  Within 15 minutes we were loaded up in the car and headed up the hill.  We parked at the Lodge to get a few treats (I twisted my ankle while there!  Embarrassing!) and then we trekked down to the lake. 

Lagoon, Fish Lake and haircut--Sept 2012 010

Nora crawled right over to the lake, parked herself in about 2 inches of water and happily threw rocks for the next half-hour!

Lagoon, Fish Lake and haircut--Sept 2012 011

I’m proud of myself—I didn’t tell the kids to not get wet!  I must have known it was futile!  They played and played and got soaked!

We headed home with everyone (except me and Brian, of course) stripped down because everyone was wet!  We had a great time. 

I always get mad at myself when we have such a good time because we should have been at Fish Lake at least once a week this past summer!  Oh, well!  There’s always next year!

The leaves were just starting to change colors on the quaking aspens.  Beautiful!

4 comments:

Jan said...

It looks like a beautiful day and a fun time for all! Sorry about your rolled ankle, I hope it's feeling better.
xoxo

Lee Ann said...

Fish Lake IS beautiful. So glad you got to enjoy is at least once this year. Hope to ankle is doing better. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Looking at all this blogging from your phone may sway my no iphone for me attitude! Looks like you guys had lots of fun!
Karen

Micah said...

What a beautiful day! Was the water warm? I wish I could just hop over to a pretty lake any ol' time. We don't really have lakes in the desert...

I love all this blogging, Charloe!