

As members of the LDS church, we're supposed to have Family Night every week. Since we just have a couple of little kids, I didn't think too much about it. But, in the last month, Brian and I have really gotten serious about making sure that our kids grow up with the right example. We have had family prayer faithfully. We read the Book of Mormon every night with Corban and Corb says his prayers every night before he goes to bed. I want to make sure that my kids know everything they need to learn from me--So, having said that, we had our first Family Home Evening tonight. I found a book called "52 Weeks of Family Night" by Tamara Baggett. It's geared for young families and it's perfect for us. Short lessons, suggestions for songs and scriptures. It's great!
Tonight we learned all about missionaries. Brandan (our oldest nephew) is serving a mission in California and we talked about him and what he wears and what he does all day. Corban said he wears a black coat and a tie! And that he talks about Jesus all day. Pretty close, huh? Then we read D&C 4. The classic missionary section. We sang "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission" and then Corban wrote a letter to Brandan. Then Brian gave family prayer. It was a nice time. It's a good feeling to do what I'm supposed to as a parent. We're definitely not perfect and there will be weeks where we don't have FHE, but Heavenly Father knows that we're trying and we are!
1 comment:
Everyone knows the best part of Family Home Evening is the refreshments! I wish I was home during the week to have FHE...it is always nice to have a whole lotta spirit during the week! Good for you for being so diligent with them. It will pay off.
Post a Comment