Saturday, October 20, 2012

An Easy Change

Every once in a while I get a good idea.  It doesn’t happen often, believe me!

Corban moved downstairs and Nora moved into her own room recently.  As part of him moving downstairs, we agreed to buy Corban a loft bed.  Nora needed a new dresser and so both of these things were ordered.  Brynn didn’t need anything, but she really wanted a pink bed!  Easy enough, right?  Her little bed was it’s original brown with lots of scrapes and “character”.  We picked out a pretty pink color and got to work. 

IMG_1261

Taking the bed apart.

IMG_1262

See the color?  Definitely NOT pink!

IMG_1263

This is after the first coat of spray paint.  Looking good already.

IMG_1264

The finished product.  It took about 3 coats total to cover everything completely—about 2 cans of spray paint.

IMG_1265

Does she look excited to you?

IMG_1266

Trying it out!

IMG_1267

It looks so beautiful.  So, for about $8 in paint and 1.5 days in the garage, Brynn’s room looks totally different.  She loves it!

The color is Rust-oleum Painter’s Touch, Sweet Pea in a satin finish.

4 comments:

Jan said...

I LOVE IT!!!
You should have done this a long time ago, sis! It looks brand new instead of an old hand-me-down like it was!
WOW!!
xoxo

Micah said...

I am so proud of you! And I hope that I've created a monster! I am always amazed at how a can of spray paint can make such a huge difference. This is just adorable!

karen said...

Super cute! And brynn looks super happy! Sucess for eight bucks, totaly worth it!

T'liese said...

Love it! How fun to do stuff like that!