We had a big event around here last week. Corban turned 8! For most kids, this is just another birthday. We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, though, and so turning 8 is one of biggest birthdays! When a kids turns 8, they are able to choose to be baptized. It’s a big deal! Corban will be baptized in a few weeks. To celebrate his big day, we had cake and ice cream, a failed soccer game and Chinese food with Grandma, Grandpa and Logan. It was a great day!
Corban got new scriptures. It’s a tradition on both sides!
He got lots of fun gifts! Thanks everyone!
A BYU cake, of course!
Grandma and Grandpa Jensen
Brynn and Logan
And a blurry picture of Nora! She won’t hold still!
Blowing out the candle!
About the failed soccer game—I looked at the schedule wrong and we showed up just in time for Corban to play the last 30 seconds. Duh, Mom!
Happy birthday anyway, son! You are a great kid!
2 comments:
Oh no! I've done that with being somewhere before...in fact, just this past Saturday for work, I was driving and realized I should have been there 45 minutes ago. I did the math wrong in my head about when I should wake up. I'm such a silly person. I was sick to my stomach during the entire drive, but it all worked out in the end.
Eight is great! Congrats to a cute Corban kid!
Look how big Corban is! I remember when he was so tiny he could have fit in a tea cup...JK!
We love you, Corban!
xoxo
Post a Comment